The Winter months have definitely arrived and that means the end of salads and cold meals! I work outdoors all day so when I come home feeling like an ice cube there is nothing better than a bowl of steamy soup (and no it doesn’t have to be Heinz!). My Cheesy Puff Rolls are amazing as soup dunkers! Two of those with a bowl of soup keep me stuffed for yonks 🙂
There will be plenty more soups to follow but let’s start with mushroom!
- 500g mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 250g single cream
- 1 litre vegetable stock (make less if you want a thicker soup)
- 1/2 brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a large pan heat the oil and cook the mushrooms with the garlic and onion for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add your stock and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and use a stick blender to whizz until smooth. You can use a normal blender or similar too if you prefer, I just don’t like washing up!
- Thats you done, slurp or dunk away!
This freezes really well and also reheats well too! Make in large batches so you can have a freezer full of quick ‘go toos’ when you’re in need of a bowl of comfort.
Nutritional Values per servings (4 servings):
170kcal | 16g fat | 2.8g carbs | 3.4g protein
2 thoughts on “Creamy Mushroom Soup”
Gorgeous soup, added tiny bit of chilli. Very filling indeed and just what’s needed on a cold day. More simple soup recipes please!
Ooo chilli good shout! Broccoli and Stilton on its way today xx