Yes you really did read the title correctly, this is a low carb, sugar free, gluten free, keto friendly yummy scrummy cheesecake! It’s also mega easy and quick to make, the cooking and cooling is the long bit I’m afraid, this cheesecake needs a minimum of four hours to set in the fridge but ideally overnight if it’s possible…. dig deep and find your inner patience!
I used raspberries in this as they’re my fave but you could use strawberries or blueberries too if you prefer.
- 180g ground almonds
- 4 tbsp sweetener (I use ‘Sukrin’ which is erythritol based and has no aftertaste!)
- 70g unsalted butter
- 300g raspberries (you can have more if you’d like extra coulis)
- 720g cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 70ml double cream
- 1.5 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat your oven to 180c fan assisted or 200c without. Prepare a 9/10″ springform pan or loose bottomed tin by lightly greasing, you can put a circle of greaseproof paper at the bottom too if you like. Using two layers of foil, wrap the outside of your tin so all edges are covered by at least 2″.
- Melt the butter in a microwave and add the ground almonds and 1 tbsp sweetener.
- Mix together until clumps start forming then empty into your pan and press into an even base. Bake for 10-15 mins until lightly golden then set aside to cool. Turn the oven down by 20c.
- While your base is baking, put the raspberries into a pan with 1 tbsp of sweetener and slowly heat until they break down and you’re left with the syrup and seeds.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve to remove the seeds and set aside.
- In a clean bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth – I discovered it’s important to drain as much liquid from the cream cheese as possible, use a muslin cloth if you have one. If you don’t remI’ve the excess liquid you’ll end up with a wet mixture like I did, fear not though! It still worked just fine, the two colour definition wasn’t as strong that’s all 🙂
- Gentky whisk in the remaining sweetener and then the eggs one at a time until combined.
- Divide the mixture into two bowls, in one whisk in the double cream and vanilla esssence, in the other add 70ml of your raspberry syrup (if you’d like a stronger colour add some pink food colouring here!).
- Pour or spoon alternating dollops of mixture into your tin, some on top of each other, some next to it, until you’ve used all your mixture.
- Bang the tin a few times to get the mixture to spread out.
- Place the tin into a roasting tray or similar and add hot water until it comes 1″ up the outside of the pan – this is called a Bain Marie.
- Bake for 45-60 mins until it wobbles but isn’t runny, then set aside to cool on a rack. Once at room temperature and put in a fridge for a minimum of four hours, ideally longer.
- To make the coulis I added 50ml water to the remaining raspberry syrup and simmered in a pan until it thickened slightly. Leave to cool and it’s then ready to our over your slices.
There you have it, a keto cheesecake! There seems to be a lot of steps but I promise it’s very easy to make, I am experimenting with chocolate today so we’ll see how that turns out! Enjoy xx
Nutritional values : Whole – 3966kcal | 376g fat | 56g carbs | 159g protein
Makes 12 slices, per slice – 331kcal | 31g fat | 5g carbs | 13g protein