I’ve made it my mission to spread the Keto love and try to persuade friends of mine who are looking to lose a few lbs to jump on the low carb high fat wagon. The same as I did at the beginning they all think it’s another fad diet with restrictions and misery that is unrealistic and hard to follow … but it’s not right?! Ok so perhaps saying goodbye to the cookies and cakes is a little hard and I miss toast terribly but it’s not all bad! Anyway I decided to make my friend a ketogenic dinner to prove it wasn’t all bad and I’m fairly confident I won him over! Chicken and bacon parcels with creamy garlic mushrooms, asparagus and baked broccoli went down a treat. I’ll add the broccoli and mushroom recipes in the next few days but for now here’s the chicken part and the best bit is that it can be made in advance!
This recipe is for one portion, simply multiply depending how many you need 🙂
- Chicken breast (approx 150g)
- 3 smoked bacon rashers
- 50g full fat garlic and herb cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 180c fan assisted or 200c without
- Flatten breast out and carefully slice horizontally lengthways to create a pocket in the chicken.
- Carefully fill and spread the cream cheese into the pocket you have created.
- As tightly as possible, wrap the breast in the bacon rashers ensuring you start the next rasher slightly overlapping the previous one so the whole breast is encased in bacon.
- Gently place on a baking tray and cook for 25-30 minutes until the juices run clear
- Stand for a few minutes before serving
How incredibly easy was that?! They were ready to go in the oven in 10 minutes and tasted divine, you can change the herbs and additions if you fancy by using a plain cream cheese and adding your own herbs to it prior to stuffing xx
Nutrition values, per chicken breast parcel:
407kcal | 18g fat | 4g carbs | 56g protein