I’m back with another easy peasy soup recipe for you! If you’re wanting a really low carb soup then omit the onion but as a generous portion of this, with the onion, it’s only 4g carbs which I think is rather wonderful!
- 1 head of celery (trimmed and chopped approx 400g)
- 100ml single cream
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion (finely diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Salt & pepper
- In a large pan heat the olive oil then add the garlic and onions. Fry for around 4 minutes until softened.
- Add the celery and continue to stir over the heat for 5 minutes until the celery has softened
- Add the stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Use a stick blender to liquidise your soup.
- Add the cream and stir well over a low heat until warmed through.
Thats it! Super (soup-a … get it!) easy like I said, let me know what you think! Oh and add an extra splash of cream on top if you fancy, I always like an extra dash 😀
Nutritional values per serving (makes 4):
105kcal | 9g fat | 4g carbs | 2g protein