These little delights took moments to prepare and only 10 minutes to bake, what could be better?! I accompanied them with two grilled lamb chops and some courgetti spaghetti, the whole meal from start to finish took 25 minutes to get from the fridge to my tummy … and only 4g carbs in the whole meal!!
Packets of cup mushrooms come in varying sizes, try and find the pack with the biggest shrooms inside. It doesn’t affect the recipe it just means you can fit more filling in each one.
- 150g closed cup mushrooms (approx 6)
- 40g grated mozerella
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil (I used a rosemary infused one)
- 1/4 tsp oregano (or whichever herb you prefer)
- 1 small garlic clove, mashed or puréed
- Preheat oven to 180c fan assisted or 200c if not.
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms, a little wiggle should get them out! Place them on a baking tray with the cup open on top.
- Mix together the mozerella, garlic, herbs and olive oil.
- Spoon the mixture into your mushrooms and press down so each is packed tightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cheese has puffed up, mushrooms have softened and the tops are a golden brown.
- They’re ready to serve! How easy was that?!
If you want the whole meal, I simply grilled two lamb chops for 5 minutes on either side on a medium heat. I made courgetti with one courgetti and pan fried it in 1 tbsp of olive oil for 10 minutes while the mushrooms cooked.
Mushrooms only : 192kcal | 16.2g fat | 1.3g carbs | 10.3g protein
Full meal : 723kcal | 60.2g fat | 4g carbs | 40.8g protein