Well, well, well …. who would have thought these would turn out as moist and delicious as they did?! I mean seriously, I am a lemon drizzle fanatic and I think these are divine!
This recipe makes six little loaves, cases can be bought online or I often find pretty ones in TK Maxx Home Sense.
For the cake:
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 60g Sukrin, or similar granulated sweetener
- 125g ground almonds
- 1.5tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- Zest of two lemons
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
For the drizzle:
- 25ml lemon juice (approx 1 lemon)
- 50g Sukrin
- Preheat oven to 160c fan assisted or 180c if not. Line a baking tray with six mini loaf cases.
- Whisk together the butter and sweetener until pale and fluffy.
- Sift in the ground almonds and baking powder, add the two eggs, lemon zest and juice and whisk until combined.
- Split between the cases and bake for 20 minutes, until the tops are golden and a knife inserted comes out clean.
- While the cakes are baking make the drizzle by combining the lemon juice and sweetener. The sweetener won’t all dissolve, that’s ok you want it to be gritty!
- Once the cakes are cooked take them out of the oven and, using a pastry brush, cover the tops with the drizzle.
- Leave to cool completely before gobbling them all up!
Nutritional values per cake : 338 kcal | 30.6g fat | 1.6g carbs | 8.7g protein