I’m into week three of my weightloss journey and I am feeling awesome! I know I’ve ‘fallen off the wagon’ many a time before but I’ve never been more sure that this way of life is forever now. I’ve lost 10lbs and 30cm in total from various sites on my body, even my lipoedema areas have greatly reduced. It’s not only the weight though, my lymphatic swelling has hugely reduced, I have almost zero pain in my legs, a scan last week confirmed all my ovarian cysts have gone apart from the one which needs to be removed by surgery and even my PoTS has improved! I sit here writing this while pedalling on my new favourite toy, a pair of pedals which I can pull up to any chair and do some exercise to hopefully improve the pump action within my legs… great for the PoTS as well as the lipoedema!
Onto the important bit, the fishcakes! I was really craving them, they used to be my absolute fave but of course too high carb for keto so I had to conjur up a recipe. I used tinned salmon as I was being lazy but I’m confident you could use any fresh fish, or tuna, even bacon and chicken would work!
- A tin of salmon (drained mine was 160g)
- 20g brocolli florets
- 50g ground almonds
- 30g full fat cream cheese
- 150g grated mozerella
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Herbs to taste (I used 1tsp of dill, fresh would’ve been ace if we had it!)
Here’s the easy part:
- Preheat oven to 180c fan, or 200c without and grease a six hole muffin tray
- Into a mixing bowl combine the salmon, brocolli, almonds, cream cheese, eggs, lemon and seasoning
- Microwave the mozerella for approx 60 seconds until its started melting
- Add the mozeralla to the rest of the mixture and combine thoroughly – this is the only strenuous but, give it some welly to make sure the stringy yumminess is evenly distributed!
- Spoon the mixture into the six muffin holes
- Bake for 15-20 mins, you want a nice brown top
- Leave them to settle for a few minutes before gently easing them out of the tin, use a knife to loosen the edges if need be
That’s it! How simple is that, a versatile recipe packed with yumminess and mega low carb too 😀
The amounts per cake are approx: Carbs 1.6g, Protein 15.7g, Fat 14g and Calories 197
p.s. I’ll add as I try other flavours xx