My favourite! After my slightly less than fabulous last week I made this beauty over the weekend 🙂 No it’s most definitely not keto friendly, yes it’s full of sugar AND carbs but boy it’s gooooood. Incase you fancy a naughty piece of heaven here is the recipe for you, it’s very simply a lemon sponge in a loaf shape to be honest, I prefer it as it’s quite light compared to some drizzle cakes.
You’ll need a 1lb loaf tin, greased and lined … I always buy loaf cases as I’m too lazy to cut greasproof paper!
- 130g softened butter
- 130g caster sugar
- 130g self raising flour
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- Zest of one lemon
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- For the drizzle – Juice of one lemon and 50g granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180c, that’s 160c for a fan assisted and prepare your loaf tin
- Whisk together your butter and sugar until fluffy and pale
- Sift in your flour and baking powder, then crack the eggs in and add the lemon zest and juice
- Whisk until all ingredients are combined then fill your loaf tin, use the back of your spatula to even out the mixture around the tin
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 mins, check by inserting a skewer into the centre and ensuring it comes out clean
- Once it’s cooked through take your loaf out of the oven and leave in the tin
- Combine your granulated sugar and lemon juice to make the drizzle then pour or brush over the top of your warm loaf
- After about 15 minutes transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before demolishing!
So there we go, easy peasy lemon drizzle loaf. Happy baking xxx