Happy New Year all!! Here’s to a fabulous 2017, I’m not doing resolutions this year, instead I am choosing to simply be positive. There is always good in every situation and I intend to focus on that!
I finally had some free time this afternoon so I decided to bake the horse treats I’d intended to make about 6 months ago! They turned out to be super easy and have gone down extremely well with all my testers so far 🙂
You can pretty much add anything you fancy so long as it’s horse friendly!
- 2 large apples grated
- 4tbsp veg oil (or a horse oil, linseed is great for their coats)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 cups oats
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup seaweed
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 180c or 160c fan assisted
- Mix all of the ingredients together until completely combined
- Now it’s time to get messy!… use your hands to roll the mixture into bite size balls and place on greased baking trays
- Bake for 20 mins, they’ll still feel a little soft when they come out the oven
- Leave to cool completely and then you’re good to go!
I’ve stored mine in an airtight container, will see how long they last but I reckon they’ll keep ok for about a week.
Tomorrow I’m going to try the dog biscuits so will let you know how they turn out 🙂
Here’s Ash and his friends crowding for treats….